Following the First Ministers announcement on Friday 11th September regarding face coverings to be worn in public places from Monday 14th September, face coverings will be compulsory at Afan Valley Swimming Pool within all public areas. These will be Reception, Corridors and Changing Facilities. If you have any queries please contact us at the facility. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.
The following information is to provide as much detail as possible as we welcome you back to the facilities. However, if there is any information you cannot find please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01639 851583
Keeping you Safe
- In Line with reopening on the 15th August. We've been busy making changes to ensure our customers are able to enjoy activities and our staff can work safely. These steps include:
- Bookable time slots for all swim sessions
- One way entry and exit systems to and from the pool
- Hand sanitizer stations placed in key contact points
- Updated cleaning schedules for equipment and facilities
- Investing in new cleaning chemicals
- Enhanced staff training, which all staff members will have undertaken
- Protective screens at reception
- One way swimming within the pool
- Floor stickers and signage around centres making it clear where to stand
Book your session from Monday 10th August - View Timetable
We're excited to announce that from Monday 10th August, booking for your swim sessions and group exercise classes will be available. If you'd like to enjoy a swim session or group exercise class in the pool, please note this must be booked before you arrive.
You can up to 10 minutes before the start of the class. If you are a member or non-member then please call us on 01639 851583 to book your place. If you can't make it, you must remember to give 60 minutes notice to cancel, by cancelling online or by phoning the centre. After this time you will not be able to cancel and it will be recorded as a no show.
How long can I book the pool for?
A swim can be booked for a maximum of 1 hour.
Changes Made to Facilities
As we welcome you back, you will note that the way we manage the site is different, but the new measures are being introduced are designed to help you feel safe and confident about returning to the pool.
Please note, we will no longer be providing equipment, e.g. goggles/floats. Please either, bring your own or purchase at reception.
For your safety, any equipment provided by us for your session will have been cleaned and sanitized before your arrival.
Before your Activity
- Once you are through reception, please proceed directly to the changing area
- There will be a one-way route. Please follow this to avoid unnecessary contact with others
- Put all valuables within the lockers provided
- Please use the hand sanitiser before going into the pool area
- Toilets are available
- At the end of your session please exit through the one way system and please change and leave the pool as quickly as possible
- Always maintain a 2 meter social distance from other individuals.
FAQ – Membership
When will my membership restart if I have Frozen?
Your membership can be used to access centres from our opening date on 15th July 2020.
I have a question about my membership, who do I contact?
Please email you enquiry to email@example.com or phone us on 01639 851583 Please bear with us if response times are a little slow as we are hard at work bringing facilities back and still operating on reduced staffing levels.
I have cancelled my membership, can I re-join?
We are aware that some members may have cancelled their direct debit with the bank or via Legend. You can re-join by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01639 851583.
I am not ready to return to the gym yet, what are my options.
We will be offering all members to continue freezing membership subject to our terms and conditions. Please contact us on email@example.com or 01639 851583.
I would like to cancel my membership; how do I do this?
We’re confident we’ve made all of the changes necessary to keep you safe in our facilities, but we also understand that for many reasons some members may not wish to return. In the first instance we would recommend extending your freeze (as above) as this will mean you don’t need to pay a new joining fee if you decide to come back at a later date.
I am over 70, can I still come in?
If you are not shielding at home, you are more than welcome to come and use the pool. Please ring 01639 851583 to book your swim.
FAQ – Cleaning
What have you been doing to make it safe? Whilst in lock-down we have been busy making changes to the way we operate, so that when we reopen you can feel safe, confident and ready to enjoy your visit.
Staff Training and Cleaning Regimes
We have been liaising with suppliers to ensure that the cleaning regime and products we use are in-line with Government recommendations. In addition, our staff are fully informed and trained to follow these new recommendations to ensure sites are cleaned to an excellent standard to keep you safe.
How can I keep myself and others safe?
The best way to keep yourself and other users safe is to follow the guidelines we have put in place, as well as Government hygiene and safety recommendations such as washing your hands regularly and not visiting if you are feeling unwell.