Discover the fitness benefits of Aqua Fitness
Aqua Fitness classes are a great way to mix up a traditional gym workout with the wondrous benefits of water. It only takes a few Aqua Fitness sessions and you’ll see a big difference in your overall fitness.
Also know as water aerobics or sometimes waterobics, typical classes will involve all the exercises you would expect in a ‘dry’ class. But there are added bonuses when you exercise in water.
The top benefits of aqua aerobics
- Water supports the body, putting less stress on your joints and muscles
- Working out in water helps build strength. Fighting against the push of the water activates your muscles
- Water pressure helps put less strain on the heart by moving blood around the body
- The impact of gravity is less in the water allowing a greater range of motion
- Working out in water helps prevent overheating, helping you exercise for longer
- And… it’s fun! It is not often you can say that about a workout.
What to expect at an Aqua Fitness class
The first thing you’ll get is a great all-over workout. It’s not just your heart and muscles that stand to benefit from an aquafit class. Working out in water is also fantastic for your internal organs and lymphatic system. ‘Hydrostatic pressure, turbulence and buoyancy assist in venous return the flow of blood back to the heart and lymphatic drainage. These extra benefits help explain why participants feel so good after a class, the body is refreshed rather than exhausted. You’ll also use new equipment with everything you need provided by us.
Wednesday 6.30pm – 7.30pm
To book your place please call 01639 851583